If only shed shopping was as simple as shopping for new tools, but quite frankly it is not! You see, in order for the team at Ahrens to accurately quote on a shed for you, we must first gather some information so that we can determine what will be required to make sure your shed is the right shed for the proposed location.
Information we Require for Site Specific Designs:
Every shed is different in terms of design, and not just the design you select, but also in the engineering – this will depending on the following information.
- What will your shed be used for? Domestic use? Rural? Or Commercial?
- Are you near the coastline? How far exactly?
- Is the proposed location exposed to extreme environmental conditions such as cyclones, snow or earthquakes?
- Will your shed or garage be built on a hill, in the middle of a hill, at the bottom of a hill or on a flat surface?
- What surrounds your building? Is it in a built up area, open plain or exposed.
Information that you should know:
- Desired dimensions for your new steel building
- Will you need to apply for council approval for your new structure?
- Requirements for building in your area?
- Are there easements or drains on your property? Does that affect the proposed location of your new shed?
- Did you want COLORBOND® or ZINCALUME® steel sheeting?
If you are well equipped with this information, then it will help us provide the most accurate quote to you and also allow us to provide you with the best advice to help get your new shed off the ground.